Telecommunications Training for Trainers
April 26 and 27, 2023
8am to 5pm
Rancho Cordova, CA
CCUG Central and Northern Chapters are pleased to host, with the California Department of Justice (DOJ), a “Telecommunications Training for Trainers” session. This two-day class enables law enforcement and criminal justice agencies to certify their trainers in the California Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (CLETS) and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC). The NCIC mandates that all users of CLETS and NCIC information must be trained by the California Department of Justice staff to receive their certification as trainers. This course is designed to be highly interactive and follows a facilitated progressive format where each new concept connects to the previously presented material.
POINTS TO NOTE:
- Your agency may send up to two students to be certified as CLETS trainers.
- Requests for additional students will be considered based on agency size.
- This class is for first time students only.
- Accepting the role as a CLETS trainer is a long-term commitment to provide training to their department’s entire sworn and non-sworn staff, including terminal operators, patrol and correctional officers, investigators and management/supervisors.
- Students should be familiar with CLETS operations and possess training skills.
- “Hands-on” database instruction will not be provided during this course (you will not access databases on a terminal).
CLASS ATTENDANCE POLICY:
- During class time, electronic devices will not be allowed, please ensure all devices have been turned off and put away.
- Before committing to take this course, make sure you can attend the course in its entirety. 100% attendance is required.
- Any student not attending 100% of the time will not receive a course certificate and will be asked to reschedule their training for a later date.
Location of Training: Department of Justice – Kilgore Location
3068 Kilgore Road, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Dates: April 26th AND April 27th, 0800 to 1700 hours BOTH DAYS
Registration: $70 for 2023 CCUG members/$100 for non-members (coffee/tea/water will be provided each morning)
Registration Opens April 3rd – Click below to register.
Or email email@example.com for registration information and list of local hotels via email.
For a printable version of this page click here
T4T – April 26-27$70.00 – $100.00